a little fun

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 | 5 comment(s)

Okay.

As promised, here are two links that have thoroughly amused me in the past week or so, and I am happy to share them with y'all.

First, in the holiday song spirit, check this out: O Holy Crap
"...just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse, it does. By a lot."

And second, here is a really cool blog that I've stumbled upon recently.
indexed.blogspot.com
These are so cool.
Who knew Venn diagrams on 3x5 cards could be so much fun?
Jessica Hagy rocks.

I hope you enjoy these both and that I've convinced you that my posts are not all doom and gloom.

We're taking off for the holiday first thing tomorrow morning.

We've been doing the same "holiday loop" every year now for the past 8 or 9 years now. Meg's family is from the Pittsburgh area, so we head up there for a few days before Christmas. We open gifts on Christmas morning with her and then get on the road and trek across the great (wide) state of Pennsylvania to make it to Christmas dinner at my mother's house outside of Philly.

Every year we stop and have Christmas lunch at the Roy Rogers on the turnpike (I'm already looking forward to the Gold Rush Chicken Sandwich!). It's kinda sad, but it's become such a tradition for Meg and me, that I've grown to like it.

Then we drive back home to DC sometime after Christmas. We usually have a little celebration with my Dad's side of the family the day after Christmas, but this year, that's being post-poned until the following weekend. So, yup, we'll be driving back up to Philly again next weekend.

The holidays make my ass numb.

I hope you all have a happy, healthy holiday and I look forward to catching up with everyone in the new year!

5 Comment(s):

Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Oh dear God - that recording makes me "wince"!! It's great! :-)

Those index card images rock. I'm going to get lost in there for days...

Maybe you can try some isometric exercises with each ass cheek to keep the numbness at bay (one at a time of course. Try both at once and you'll probably have an accident, or cause an accident, or...)

:-)

And with that! Have a great holiday season, and enjoy your Gold Rush Chicken Sandwich!

Blogger In Search Of Balance said...

I think you broke my ears, but my husband was laughing so much it was hard for him to watch basketball. Which is a lot, really.

Have a great trip!

Blogger Shannon said...

O Holy Crap that was the funniest rendition ever! My stomach hurts I was laughing so hard.

THAT version should replace my Cartman version on my meme list.

Blogger Kassie said...

safe travels!

We're driving to my mom's house outside of Philly on Christmas Day too!

Blogger Bernard said...

My ears are still bleeding.

Clearly the singer had a lot passion, but not the best of delivery.

Wonderfully awful.

Happy Christmas.

Post a Comment || Go Home