Er5

Thursday, December 07, 2006 | 9 comment(s)

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, indeed.

89¢ down the drain.

9 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say What??

Blogger mel said...

Ugh, I'm about at my wit's end with Error 5s. I'm a vial of test strips from switching over...

Blogger Major Bedhead said...

WHat meter do you use?

Blogger George said...

hate Hate HATE that!

Blogger Kevin said...

anonymous & Julia:
I use a OneTouch Ultra and a OneTouch UltraSmart for my blood testing needs.

Er5 is the error code that comes back when the test has started without enough blood.

Usually there's a gob of blood UNDER the strip rather than in it.

Very, very frustrating... Just a big waste, too.

Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

I also use OneTouch Ultra and always blame myself for being careless and either not squeezing out enough blood or not approaching the strip at the proper angle. Waste is waste, whether my insurance co is paying for it or I am. With me, it's mostly from being in too much of a hurry (like at 1 a.m. when I want to go back to sleep) or trying to be covert at my desk at work.

Blogger Shannon said...

We have a Once Touch Ultra. Last night we were at a diabetes support group and Brendon overreacted to a fall, so I checked him to see if he was low.

Last test strip in the vial....and I had to make absolutely sure that I not only had enough blood pooling from his finger, but that I got the strip aimed just so....I couldn't afford that pesky Error 5. He wound up being a 40.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried the Accu-Chek comfort curve strips that you use with the Accu-Chek Advantage or Accu-Chek Complete meters? They are great because you just have to bring the drop of blood to the edge of the strip and it draws it in-- no more aiming to get it in the right spot. I think they are the best stips I have ever used. You should consider taking a look at one of those meters if that is possible.

Blogger jill. said...

You could try switching to a freestyle meter. You can continue to add blood after the initial attempt and it doesn't error as much for me. (And it's small and cute :))

Post a Comment || Go Home