Dilbert on Diabetes

Monday, January 05, 2009 | 6 comment(s)

Well, not exactly Dilbert, but Scott Adams.
And not exactly on diabetes, per se, but something somewhat related.
And besides, "Dilbert on Diabetes" is catchy (and alliterative to boot).

I've never been a huge Dilbert fan, but I've found the comic to be entertaining from time to time. I am, however, a fan of Scott Adams's blog. If you enjoy reading stimulating (and often very funny) thought experiments on business, politics, statistics, personal finance, and economics
Of the Libertarian Variety
While I'm not a libertarian, I am an economist (or at least I play one at my job).

But I do think that most economists come away from their education with at least a little bit of libertarianism in them. It's basically the pie-in-the-sky variation of economics where markets always perform efficiently and there should be little (or preferably, no) government intervention.

Unfortunately, the world isn't as tidy as pretty supply and demand curves might lead you to believe. But it is nice to dream.

close
from a smart guy who draws cartoons for a living, then you might like to check out his blog.

Anyway, I was immediately intrigued when I saw a post titled:
"Glucose Equals Free Will".

Basically, he's citing some psychology research that finds when people have low blood sugars, they have much less will power and are less able to resist temptations.

Scott starts off linking this with his productive ritual of eating before he draws a comic strip and then leaps to what an optimal food strategy might be for seduction, but what popped into my mind was:

THIS IS WHY WE
Am I being too presumptive?
Perhaps that should be first person singular rather than plural.

close
BINGE WHEN WE HAVE LOW BLOOD SUGARS!

Fascinating and funny, what more can you ask for?

6 Comment(s):

Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

That makes SO MUCH SENSE!!!

And no, not first person singular at all. :-)

Anonymous Sara My said...

I think the comment from anonymous which is actually advertising from Diabetic Supplies totally SUCKS. Whoever left this post should be ashamed of posting this way in the forum.

That said, I totally buy into justifying my sugar overload as completely due to low blood sugar. I don't know if it's true or not, but it seems right.

Anonymous Dr. Ordon plastic surgeon said...

Of course that should be a correct research finding.It is true that they have weak will power to control over tempting foods.

Blogger Bruce said...

Thanks for a great post
Diabetes Care

Anonymous Buy Generic Actos Online said...

Great Post and Nice Article.I like it.Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Peter Ndagi said...

Awesome article. Always apply some neuropathy foot cream in your feet for healthy feet

Post a Comment || Go Home