I'm back!

Thursday, October 05, 2006 | 7 comment(s)

I've been back from vacation for just about a week now. I'm finally getting back into my routine. While I was on vacation, my control slipped significantly. My averages hopped up to the 180s or 190s (yikes! that's like the olden days before I became a reformed diabetic).

This week has been great, bloodsugar-wise (although I have been having a few too many lows, but nothing too, too bad). I've been eating my normal diet, have exercised a bit, and my average bloodsugar this week has been a freakishly awesome 124. I'm pretty pleased.

Anyway, I've put together a quick
I apologize
There are 26 photos included, which might seem a bit long. I'm sorry, but it was *really* difficult to whittle 342 pictures down to just 26! It's the curse of the digital age.

close
lightbox of pictures from our vacation to share with y'all.

Enjoy!

(To start, Click Here!).





7 Comment(s):

Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

OMG Kevin - those were stunning pictures - and I really liked the format too. What a nice trip you had - doesn't look like much lolly-gagging took place with all that hiking and such.
But honey with pizza? I'm gonna have to think about that.
Looking at your photos has gotten my day off to a great start.
Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Stunning pictures! Glad you had a fun time, I'm jealous!

tek

Blogger Sarah said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Seeing all those pics was wonderful! I grew up in Santa Fe, NM (1st – 6th grade), and then I moved to Colorado and actually attended Golden High School in the Denver area (right up the way from the Coors brewery). All of your pics brought back a ton of memories of my childhood in NM and life in Colorado! I’ve actually been to Beau Jo’s (or however you spell it) and I remember what a DOOZY that pizza and the honey with the crust did to my blood sugars. I miss the mountains! Thank you so much for sharing!

Blogger Kelsey said...

Gorgeous pictures! I really need to explore more the of Western US... for a lifer Californian, there's a ton I havne't seen yet!

Thanks for sharing!

Blogger George said...

Those are great pics! I am so glad that you had a good time.

On a side note, I love your blog. Not just the content but all the links and windows and that AWESOME slide show! You are my hero!

Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Welcome back Kevin! We missed you!

Sounds like and looks like you guys had an AWESOME trip! The pictures are super. Elk singles bar, GIANT pizza, Honey for said pizza. Yes, quite a trip indeed!

And I'm also glad to have a face to go with my good cyber-friend and D helper now too! Thanks for sharing!

Take care!

Blogger Kerri. said...

Kevin,

Awesome pictures. Did you take these yourself? They are truly tremendous!! And it's cool to see you and Megan (The puppy didn't go with you?) again.

I loved the picture of the sand ripples. That was amazing.

-- K.

Post a Comment || Go Home