Mission Aborted

Saturday, July 22, 2006 | 2 comment(s)

Abandon ship! Abandon ship!
Aaarrrrr....
I just saw "Pirates of the Caribbean" last night so I'm feeling a little dramatic. My feelings on the movie (in case you were wondering), unfortunately, are a bit on the tepid side.
close


Well, my experience with Minimed's CGMS® System Gold™ (sic) has been cut short.

I was helping a friend move this morning, and all I can say is this: IV3000 prep tape sucks. My sweating actually repelled the tape from my skin with enough gusto to pull the glucose sensor more than half-way out.

At least I got two full days worth of data collected (hopefully). It's a bummer though that I won't get to find out what 2 slices of pizza after a couple hours of sweating and moving boxes does to my blood sugar. That was some information I was looking forward to getting out of this here little experiment.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait until I get hooked up with a real CGM system (which I'm sure will happen one day, though I have no idea when).

2 Comment(s):

Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Well, I guess two days is better than none (but still not as good as three...).

Still sucks though.

I bet that in one way you are glad you don't have to put so much thought into your shower routine though!

Blogger sweet & sickly said...

it's kinda gross since i'm a girl but when i've been out running, or just sitting on the beach sweating my infusion set often falls off. yuck.

that sucks that fell out though. hope the data is meaningful :)

Post a Comment || Go Home