Mission Aborted

Saturday, July 22, 2006 | 1 comment(s)

Abandon ship! Abandon ship!
Aaarrrrr....
I just saw "Pirates of the Caribbean" last night so I'm feeling a little dramatic. My feelings on the movie (in case you were wondering), unfortunately, are a bit on the tepid side.
close


Well, my experience with Minimed's CGMS® System Gold™ (sic) has been cut short.

I was helping a friend move this morning, and all I can say is this: IV3000 prep tape sucks. My sweating actually repelled the tape from my skin with enough gusto to pull the glucose sensor more than half-way out.

At least I got two full days worth of data collected (hopefully). It's a bummer though that I won't get to find out what 2 slices of pizza after a couple hours of sweating and moving boxes does to my blood sugar. That was some information I was looking forward to getting out of this here little experiment.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait until I get hooked up with a real CGM system (which I'm sure will happen one day, though I have no idea when).

1 Comment(s):

Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Well, I guess two days is better than none (but still not as good as three...).

Still sucks though.

I bet that in one way you are glad you don't have to put so much thought into your shower routine though!

Post a Comment || Go Home